Saturday, January 8, 2011

Pascal's Triangle

Today I’m going to talk briefly about food.

I love food.  I feel lucky that I don’t weigh a lot more just because of how much I love food.  I was a vegetarian for many years.  I lived in California for many years.  I’ve traveled all over the country and had local and ethnic cuisine from many places.  I consider myself quite fortunate that I’ve had these experiences.

When it comes down to it, I’m a bit of a snob.  Food is usually one exclusion, though.  I’m not really picky.  If someone offers me something new, I’ll try it.  I’ll eat fine cuisine and fast food in the same day and be okay with it.  One of my favorite foods is sushi, but I also love those Totino’s “party pizzas.” 

On the subject of pizza, I splurged the other day and got a garlic mashed potato pizza from Pizza Luce, arguably the Minneapolis-Saint Paul area’s best pizza.  As there is now a location less than 2 miles from my house, I frequent it a little more than I probably should.  However, a large pizza will last me two or three days worth of meals, so it’s really not a bad investment.  That’s my justification for you. 

Moving on, I opened the box and saw this:



Notice the little triangle in the middle of the pizza.  I’ve long known that this is a stand-off so that the top of the pizza box doesn’t cave in on the awesomeness we call pizza.

However, for nearly as long if not longer, I’ve wondered if there was an alternative use for this plastic pizza protector.  And what’s that thing called anyway?  I’m going to call it Pascal’s Triangle.  That’s about the closest thing I was able to find to an actual answer in my two clicks on Google.

I tested a few lifelong theories and discovered the truth, that this plastic lid support is actually a tiny little table with which you can feed tiny little creatures.  I rest my case and photographic evidence is provided henceforth:


And of course the dog ends up begging for scraps.  Silly doggy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment